While BARPCV is not currently focused on an advocacy issue, past issues have included:
Darfur (10/2007 – 10/2008) Critical issues that have fueled problems in Darfur include natural resources, politics, minority and human rights, international involvement and advocacy, the environment, public health, water and refugees.
Clean Water (10/2008 – 05/2010) Clean water is of central importance, to which many RPCVs can attest. Access not only limits the spread of disease, but is central to proper nutrition and daily functioning. Many families travel long distances to wait in endless lines for clean, potable water, though access to clean water is often thought to be a basic human right. For additional information and resources on clean water, please use the links below.
For more on Peace Corps Advocacy, check out the National Peace Corps Association Advocacy page.
National Information on Water
- Sierra Club
- Clean Water Action
- National Association of Clean Water Agencies
- Massachusetts Water Watch Partnership
- American Water Works Association
- Research Centers UMass Amherst Water Resources Research Center
- Stroud Water Research Center
- Center for Water Research
- National Institutes for Water Resources